Witching Metal Webzine

Witching Metal Webzine

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Vagabond's Band of the Week: Drawn and Quartered

I've decided to start something new on Witching Metal, to add a bit more variety to the site. From now on, I will be doing a short "band of the week" mini-article about metal bands that deserve your attention.

Band: Drawn and Quartered
Year of Formation: 1993
Country of Origin: U.S.A.
Genre: Death Metal


Drawn and Quartered is a death metal band from Seattle, whom a friend recommended to me a couple of months ago. They've been around since the "golden age" of death metal, but didn't release an album until 1999. Unfortunately, they are not a very well-known band, which I believe might be due to them releasing their debut so late in the 90's. They can be compared to bands such as Immolation, Incantation, Morbid Angel and Monstrosity, but really are a band who forged their own musical path.

I own three of their albums, each of which I would highly recommend. These albums are; "Extermination Revelry", "Hail Infernal Darkness" and "Feeding Hell's Furnace". This band is essential listening for any OSDM maniac.

Click here for my review of their latest album.



No comments: