Witching Metal Webzine

Witching Metal Webzine

Monday, February 28, 2011

Interview with Anglachel

As of today I will also be conducting interviews for this site. Here is one of my first interviews.




Today I had the (dis)pleasure of corresponding with M, the unholy spectre behind the black metal project Anglachel via email. Here is the resulting ramblings:

Wayde:
Hails M. For the sake of myself and my readers, let's start this interview off with a brief history of Anglachel and a run-down of what you're all about musically.

M:
Ave Wayde.
Anglachel was formed in the late months of 2009 by myself and our now ex drummer. A small two track demo was sent to a select few people in 2010, some prominent rituals were offered to us but due to line-up issues we were unable to participate.


Wayde:
What influences Anglachel? What bands and styles influence the music? What is Anglachel's ideology all about?

M:
First and foremost my God influences Anglachel and our music. The darkness throughout our existance and brooding wilderness is a main inspiration.
Musically, we are influenced prominently by metal bands such as Dissection, (the true) Mayhem, Archgoat, Dead Congregation, 90's Emperor, Bathory (worship!), Beherit, Celtic Frost, Ulcus, Drudkh, Woodtemple, Summoning, Tribulation,
Poccolus, Graveland etc.


Wayde:
Is Anglachel a solo project, or are there other fiends involved in the creative process?

M:
I, myself am the spectre behind Anglachel and it's ideaologies, musical direction. However, I never wanted to be another bedroom black metal band and am currently recruiting a whole new line-up to help in the recording process and of course the gigging.
It is one of my main goals to be able to put on an interesting and heartfelt live show.


Wayde:
Are you working on recording or writing any material at the moment, do you have any releases planned for the near future?

M:
I have begun writing for an E.P and some small sample recordings have been done. I aim to have the E.P recorded and pressed within the year.
I am very optimistic with the sound and I feel it is 100% true to myself.


Wayde:
Are you involved in any other projects? If so, what are they?

M:
Currently I am only involved in Anglachel and a Doom/Heavy metal band that is currently un-named.

Wayde:
Within the local Wollongong/Illawarra area, are there any other bands that interest you? What's the scene like around there for extreme music in all it's forms? Any stand out's that people should be aware of?

M:
There are a few bands in my area who are of interest and I support whole heartedly.
There are next to no live shows in the Illawarra, especially for extreme metal. It is unfortunate but has always been evident that it simply won't happen in this area.
Bands that are definately worth checking out from this region are;
Drowning The Light, Austere, Woods of Desolation.


Wayde:
Will Anglachel ever perform live rituals? Has there been any already?

M:
Anglachel will definately perform live rituals. I like to be optimistic, but realistically they will take place in 2012 (our doom year!).
There have never been any Anglachel rituals to date.


Wayde:
To wrap this interview up, I would like to thank you for taking the time for this interview, I appreciate it. Is there anything you would like to say to myself or my readers?

M:
Thank you for the interview Wayde. It is appreciated on this end too. Stay true to the scene and be forever defiant! 666.




http://www.myspace.com/morsmortisaus

No comments: